Monday, August 18, 2008

TransWales08-day1


TransWales08-day1
Originally uploaded by schpleep.

Sun 17:08:2008 13:47 Day1 ride1. About 71km with 1500m of climbing. Not a bad start to the week and the pain (I meant rain but predictive text obviously knows what I was really thinking ;-) even held off for most of it. (it's pissing down now though, just after I managed to dry the tent too) And, all the guys that I met and rode with last year are back this year for more of the same random chat and cause as we grind up the hills.High/lowlight of the day has got to be the "mini time trial" to place everyone for tonight's time trial: I'm sure it would be find in the dry but riding on a barely visible trail through a muddy forest filled with polished roots, broken branches and holes was an interesting experience. We'll see if it works or not in a few hours I guess.Right, I'm going to grab a quick sleep before dinner then get my lights sorted for later. [oh bugger. LifeBlog doesn't let you save posts to send later. Hopefuly I'll find a signal before the batteries run out.]

No comments: