Sunday, August 24, 2008

TransWales08-day7+1


TransWales08-day7+1
Originally uploaded by schpleep.

Sun 24:08:2008 09:27 Finished. A gruelling 85k yesterday but it didn't rain and the sun came out for a while. The first section up to lunch had some of the best climbs and descents of the week by far. This included crossing the same river 14 times and the now obligatory huge puddles.The 7hour cut off time for the 80k route wasn't as generous as we all first thought and a quick dose of High5 Extreme was required at the last feed station to make sure I was good in time.The beer on the finish line was well deserved and was the perfect set up for a huge curry in Builth last night.Once again thanks and congratulations to everyone I rode with and spoke to over the course of the week. In particular (but in no particular order) Richie, Gav, Matt, Sam, Rob, Will, Paul and off course Jacko. Thanks guys, it would've been a crap week without your banter and support.I'm writing this in the car on the M4 on the way home. The sun is beating in through the window and I've just had the most expensive fry-up ever from a service station. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, I think I'm getting a cold and I can't face the stink that's waiting in my kit bag. But, I was (I think) 25/101 solo riders this year so that breakfast was well earned ;-)Next year?My brain says yes, but my body is refusing to comment for the time being...

No comments: