Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Into The.....Trees















Test shot from the weekend. I spent a therapeutic 6hrs in the woods shooting other people slogging their guts out around the 2nd of this years Gorrick/Saddle Skedaddle Spring Series races.

Originally I was out to test my pocket wizards on the "captive audience" that a race course provides. However, the gremlins were out and having a go at my main flash. So I had to resort Canon's Master/Slave IR set-up.

This shot shows the slave 420ex that I strapped to a branch up above the trail. I used it out of shot to light the riders as they came into shot between the trees. The Master was an on camera 580ex set not to fire; only to command the 420ex.

I used this set-up in a variety of locations around the course, to lesser or greater effect.
Click here for the full flickr set.

No comments: