Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pleasant Surprise


Last year I enter some images in the Digital Photographer of the Year Awards 2008.
Apart from a request for more info on one of them "to help with the judging process" I'd heard nothing more since sometime in January.

I'd put it down as experience and was happy that I had at least made an effort and entered the competition.

So imagine my surprise when I was looking through the winning images tonight, and saw that I'd made Runner Up in the Landscape category! With one of my favourite landscape images too.

I've cropped this image from the pdf for posterity but the full version is available online here.

I'm well chuffed with that!

As the caption says, Jökulsárlón is simply stunning. I remember being disappointed with the grey skies and flat light at the time, but in retrospect that somber grey sky does more for the majesty and serenity of the place than a blue sky ever would.

No comments: