Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Statistically Speaking


Inner Glow, originally uploaded by schpleep.

I was looking at my flickr Stats recently and noticed that this image in particular getting regular, daily hits. Being the curious type I investigated a little further and it turns out it is all because I added "amputee" as a tag when I uploaded. Of all the words that you'd expect to be searched for regularly on flickr I never figured that to beone of them.

That same curiousity then clicked back through to the same search... who'd thought one word could lead to such a variety of images! Flickr at it's finest: all sorts of pictures of all sorts of subjects.

To be honest, I won't deliberately be hitting that search again. But it did make me think about being more imaginative in my image tagging from now on; who knows what the rest of the world is looking for...

*note: if you do wander off and search for "amputee" tags, it's fair to say that there's a fair amount of not a "safe-for-work" content in there.

No comments: