Tuesday, December 08, 2009

All Change (part 1)

It's been long overdue to be honest but I recently spent the time tearing down and re-constructing pelicanImages.com

I'd been thinking about it for a while as the images were in need of an update and I wasn't happy with having such a wide range of galleries up there.

So, one day's holiday from the day-job (and much swearing at CSS) later the new pelicanImages.com is up and live.



What's changed? I've distilled the images down into two categories; people and places. Keeping things simple and mking it quicker and easier to show what I've been up to and keep things updated.

I'm also starting a gradual move away from flickr as my main image library as I feel that there are better solutions out there (and, all the stupid, flashing, spangly "awards" in comments and groups are doing my head in) So, the new archive section is now linked to a custom SmugMug set-up, it offers a nicer viewing interface, and it ties in aesthetically with pelicanImages.com

Galleries in there are a little sparse for now but over the next few weeks I'll be uploading full sets of new images in there.



The biggest difference however on the new/updated site is the lack of sports images. There's a very good reason for that, more about this big change in the next post though...

No comments: