Thursday, January 20, 2011

Panoramic Break

Due South
Working through a selection of personal shots taken over the christmas break and the ones that are really working for me are the panoramas from the Canon G9. Its "Stitch Assist" mode is pretty damn good for (almost) getting everything lined up. The sequences of images are then good to go in CS3's Photomerge function too. At 13200x5100 pixels I can't really complain about resolution either. It would be better if you could shoot raw in this mode though, I wonder if the G12 can do that?
Caution 'ocks
These two images are from a great days' snowboarding at Glenshee in early January. Exceptional weather (ie I could see!), massive views and empty slopes easily made up for -10 temperatures. I'll remember the run back down to the car park after freezing my hands off shooting these for a long time.

No comments: